July 31, 2014

Candle Holders




I love these candle holders! I am an English teacher and an avid reader, so I love the idea of using books in home decor (the books I used were destined for the trash at school). 


I came across this DIY project from Arrow&Apple a couple of days ago and decided to work on them while watching TV on a slow Thursday afternoon.


You will need:
  • old bookpages, drawings, maps, anything paper
  • mod-podge & a brush
  • jars (make sure you can fit a candle inside them first) 

Instructions

1. Wash the jars 

2. Pick out pages and glue them with mod-podge onto the jars. I used pages from C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia.


3. Let the jars dry on wax paper (mine are drying as I type...)




And voila! Soon I'll have pretty, unique decor for my home...



No comments:

Post a Comment