October 14, 2014

Weekend Baking: Maple Blondies

Last week I started looking at recipes to try over the weekend. I've eagerly been waiting for my new teaching position to settle down so I can get back to blogging!

The recipe I chose to start off my weekend baking: Maple Blondies from Cookies and Cups.  I've made TWO batches since this weekend. Amazing.




Ingredients

3/4 cups butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp maple syrup (I used pure maple syrup)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour


*Maple Butter Sauce

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla


Instructions


1. Preheat oven to 350°

2. Line a 9x9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.

3. Cream butter and sugar together with mixer until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes.

4. Add eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, baking powder and salt until incorporated.

5. Turn mixer to low and add in flour until combined.

6. Spread batter into pan and bake 25-30 minutes.

7. Let cool before cutting into squares.



*To make the sauce combine sugar, maple syrup and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted. Simmer sauce for 4 minutes without stirring and remove from heat.
Whisk in the sour cream and vanilla and allow to cool.


Drizzle the maple butter sauce over vanilla ice cream and a warm blondie....HEAVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment