November 22, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

For the past four years, I've been avoiding the holidays. This year, I find myself looking forward to decorating, cooking, and celebrating the holidays with my family and friends. I came home from a long day of benchmark testing Friday, exhausted. I dragged my computer, my bags, and sweaters (I keep several in the classroom) up to the door.  As I unlocked the door, I felt a sense of dread. Every day I come home, drop my school stuff at the door, change into my sweats, and crawl into bed. To my surprise, I opened the door to a semi-decorated Christmas tree. All the stress of the day melted away.


I had a smile plastered on my face for the rest of the night! The plan was to decorate the tree this weekend, but the constant rain prevented my daughter from visiting. So instead, I worked on my thrift store frames, organized our new home office, and planned our Thanksgiving menu.




I am counting the hours down before I turn off the lights to my classroom, lock the door, and head home to a most needed break with family and friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment