November 10, 2014

Weekend Baking: Rocky Road Cookies

I have fond memories of my mother taking my brother and me to Baskin-Robbins. My brother and I would order Bubble Gum ice cream and my mom would order Rocky Road. I've been thinking of my mother and my childhood a lot lately and decided to try a new recipe from Amandeleine in my mom's honor: Rocky Road Cookies!




Ingredients

3 c powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line sheet pan with a baking mat. 
2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 extra large egg whites
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 c semisweet chocolate chips
2.5 oz pecan pieces, toasted
1 c mini marshmallows


Instructions

1. In a large bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in the salt. Add the egg whites and vanilla and whisk until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.

2. Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out small mounds on to the baking mat, then top each cookie with 4-5 marshmallows. Place baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill slightly (this prevents them from spreading too much in the oven).

3. Bake for 12-13 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown. Let the cookies sit on the paper for a few minutes to set, before moving them to a wire rack to cool.

And ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment