We made a lovely brunch which included cranberry blueberry crumb muffins, homemade biscuits and gravy, and a variety of meats. I made baked potato skins and deviled eggs with pickled okra to snack on throughout the evening because we all ate so much at brunch.
I wanted to make a snack my family and friends would enjoy while playing video games, something easy. I decided on Lucky Rainbow Chex Mix from tablespoon.com.
It was a hit!
1 box (11.5 oz) Lucky Charms cereal
6 c Rice Chex cereal
2 bags (12 oz each) white vanilla baking chips
- 1. Pour box of Lucky Charms out onto a large tray. Pick out all the marshmallows. Set aside. Measure 2 cups of the remaining Lucky Charms (without the marshmallows) into large bowl, add Chex cereal.
- 2. Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on high about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth.
- 3. In a medium bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on high about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Pour over cereal mixture in large bowl; toss to evenly coat.
4. Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper. Spread mixture in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles.
5. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Carefully break up mixture. Toss in reserved marshmallows. Store in airtight container.