December 26, 2014

Lucky Rainbow Chex Mix

I had the most wonderful Xmas to date. I spent the entire day eating, chatting, and cooking. I even had time to play a video game with Josh and my oldest daughter. 

We made a lovely brunch which included cranberry blueberry crumb muffins, homemade biscuits and gravy, and a variety of meats. I made baked potato skins and deviled eggs with pickled okra to snack on throughout the evening because we all ate so much at brunch. 

I wanted to make a snack my family and friends would enjoy while playing video games, something easy. I decided on Lucky Rainbow Chex Mix from tablespoon.com.

It was a hit!





Ingredients

1 box (11.5 oz) Lucky Charms cereal

6 c Rice Chex cereal

2 bags (12 oz each) white vanilla baking chips

Sprinkles

Instructions

1. Pour box of Lucky Charms out onto a large tray. Pick out all the marshmallows. Set aside. Measure 2 cups of the remaining Lucky Charms (without the marshmallows) into large bowl, add Chex cereal. 

2. Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on high about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. 

3. In a medium bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on high about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Pour over cereal mixture in large bowl; toss to evenly coat. 
4. Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper.  Spread mixture in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. 

5. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Carefully break up mixture. Toss in reserved marshmallows. Store in airtight container. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I gotta stay away from that stuff this year (stuff that I shouldn't eat!) :)

    ReplyDelete