I came across a couple of recipes and finally settled on Oven Roasted Smoke Sausage and Potatoes from The Big, Blue Binder blogged back in 2012. It was really good! And we both had it for lunch today.
|photo by recipesfromthebigbluebinder.blogspot.com|
1 package of smoked sausage (peel if necessary, slice into rounds)
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
5 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
3-4 tbsp olive oil
fine sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 c grated strong cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking tray (with sides) with several sheets of foil, and coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Put the sausage rounds, onions and potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika and dried thyme.
3. Toss together with your hands until everything is evenly distributed. Pour this out onto the baking tray, and spread it out as much as you can.
4. Place into the heated oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.
5. Turn off the oven. Scatter the cheese over top of the cooked meat and potatoes, return to the oven a few minutes to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.