March 16, 2015

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies



I haven't been baking these past couple of months. I have many excuses: work, work, and work. I love baking. It lowers my stress level and allows me to make treats for my family and friends. I promised my daughter chocolate chocolate chip cookies about two weeks ago. I had a great recipe, but it was thrown away when a ketchup packet leaked (I think). I found this recipe on Like Mother, Like Daughter and the cookies were go in a couple of days!

ingredients

1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c cocoa powder
2 c flour
1 1/2 c chocolate chip (i added 1/2 c)

instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light in color.

3. Add in the vanilla and eggs; mix in.

4. Add in baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour. stir until everything is mixed.

5. Mix in chocolate chips.

6. Scoop cookie dough by the tbsp onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment paper.

7. Bake cookies 8-9 minutes.

8. Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment