Last weekend our oven broke in the middle of baking enchiladas. To make up for a week of no baking, I wanted to bake an extra special dessert. I found a recipe for Golden Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake on Pinterest and, with a couple of tweaks, made a decadent dessert.
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
24 golden oreos, divided
2 c crushed graham crackers
1¼ c strawberries, medium dice
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp water
2 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
½ tsp cornstarch
2 pkg 8 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 c sour cream
2/3 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half the golden oreos in a food processor. Pulse until it forms crumbs, add in the melted butter and the graham crackers pulse again until crumbs are covered in butter.
2. Press crumbs into a spring form pan coasted with cooking spray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, take out and let cool on counter.
3. Place strawberries in pot with 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until soft. You should stir this every few minutes.
4. Combine lemon juice with cornstarch and stir into mixture and simmer an additional minute until thickened. Place strawberry mixture in food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in a bowl and set aside.
5. Place cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar, vanilla and eggs in food processor.
Pulse until smooth and combined. Place on top of oreo/graham cracker crust.
6. Pour the strawberry sauce on top of cheesecake. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes or until cheesecake is just slightly jiggly.
7. Take out of oven and let cool on a wire rack. Crush remaining oreos and sprinkle on top, gently pushing into the cheesecake.
8. Place in a fridge covered and let set for at least 3 hours.