March 17, 2015

Mint Nutella Sandwich Cookies

Spring Break is the best! I am enjoying my family, greatly. I spend a lot of time at school taking care of my students because they are important to me and I want them to develop the skills necessary to lead a successful and happy life. The time I can spend with my two daughters is precious.  The girls and Joshua love when I bake. 

In Honor of Spring Break and St. Patrick's Day I baked Mint Nutella Sandwich Cookies. I found the recipe on Pinterest from  Munchkin Munchies. I followed the recipe except I left out the mini chocolate chips, didn't freeze the dough before baking, 

  
    Ingredients

    1 c unsalted butter
    1 c granulated sugar
    1 egg
    1/2 tsp peppermint extract
    2 drops green gel food coloring
    2 1/2 c flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    Nutella

    Instructions

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   

    2. In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.

    3. Add egg, peppermint extract and green food coloring. Mix well.

    4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.

    5. Add dry mixture to creamed mixture in 2-3 additions. Mixing lightly between each.

    6. Mix all ingredients well, until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and is      
       soft but not sticky to touch. 

    7. Roll the dough into balls* and place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.  

    8. Flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass. 

    9. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Cool cookies completely.

    10. Spread some Nutella between two cookies, and sandwich them together.


*I scooped out the dough with a 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment