March 16, 2015

Spring Break: Day One



It's the first day of Spring Break! I woke up around 8, but didn't get out of bed until 9 or so. I listened to the birds chirping outside my window.

I decided to do one cool thing a day while on break. Today Joshua and I went frame hunting. We found a couple of good frames.


After Goodwill and Thrift Town we made a last minute decision to visit Gabe Leonard's exhibit at Art on the 5th. It's inspirational viewing his original work! There was a Dr. Seuss exhibit, as well. We had a great time walking around, talking about art, and taking photos. Once we were done, we headed home. I've spent a good deal of time complaining about SXSW and Spring Break being on the same week, but there are so many fun things to do that aren't associated with the festival.

Today begins the integration of a weight workout and yoga into my exercise plan.  I've been walking a mile or two every day after school. I want to spend Spring Break getting my body accustomed to working out with weights and yoga and walking 5 miles a day before school starts back up.

A few photos from Gabe Leonard's exhibit:







A couple of interesting drawings and sculptures from the Dr. Seuss exhibit:








No comments:

Post a Comment