March 17, 2015

Spring Break: Day Two

Today Joshua and I planned a trip to UT's Harry Ransom Center for the Alice in Wonderland exhibit and to view the Frieda Kahlo's Self-portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird. However, we decided to hold off until tomorrow because of the rain. Instead we visited Goodwill (found an easel for $20!!), went to Home Depot to find unique wood and price tools, and roamed around Target. 


WIP-Willy Wonka by Joshua A.

In spirit of one cool thing a day, I spent a good amount of time working on my mixed media piece based on a drawing of my eldest daughter. Each bead is glued on by hand and takes a lot of time and patience.


While I worked on the piece, Joshua made us a fabulous dinner (as always) with homemade guacamole!


Looking forward to more free time to work on art and write a bit! Happy Spring Break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment