March 29, 2015

The Beginning...

When Joshua moved in, he brought his furniture with him. He has a couple of nice pieces: a solid dresser, a small table with two chairs, and a bookshelf. The bookshelf was in good condition, but didn't quite fit in the house. I asked if I could sand and re-stain his bookshelf and he gave me the go ahead.  Sadly, it's been sitting in the garage for about 2-3 months.


Today, I started sanding the bookshelf. I carried it from the garage to the driveway crushing my toe twice. I spent about two hours sanding the top and one side. I decided to take the back off the bookshelf after looking at Boxy Colonial's fabric backed bookshelf tutorial. In the tutorial, Gretchen and Dave use a cardboard. When I took the back off, the bookshelf was a little wobbly. Joshua and I decided that while we like the fabric covered backing, the cardboard won't be strong enough.


Well...it's time to enjoy the last precious hours of the weekend with chili hot dogs and The Walking Dead! Have a good week, friends!

1 comment:

  1. That season finale was so incredible, wasn't it? I know you'll have that furniture looking great in no time! You are so good at that stuff!

    ReplyDelete