April 10, 2015

A Little Lift

I've been in pain for a couple of days. I thought it was food poisoning, though Joshua said otherwise (he was right). It turns out I have a large kidney stone. In 2011, I had emergency surgery on my left kidney to remove a stone blocking the flow. I also had a kidney stent put in to help the ureter heal. I have to undergo another procedure to break the current stone up in order for it to pass.  That'll probably be in the next week or so. For now, I'm taking it easy working on a couple of DIY projects. 

I am worried about taking days off from work. The thought of someone else taking care of my students makes me nervous (are they behaving? did they do their assignment? is the classroom in one piece?) When I worry, I like to bake. However baking really isn't the best thing to do at the moment due to my nausea. Besides baking, floral photography calms me. Here's a couple of my favorites...lovely.














(all photos from Pinterest)

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon--I'm prone to kidney trouble too. Been hospitalized a couple times! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible...worse than childbirth.

      Delete