I had left over blueberries from the Baked Oatmeal recipe I tried earlier. In order to use up the fresh fruit, I baked a Blueberry Croissant Puff from the-girl-who-ate-everything. It's pretty good. It is a bit soggy, but anyone who likes bread pudding would love it. If the family doesn't like it, I'll be bringing it to school for my teacher pals to try!
3 large croissants, cut up
1 c fresh blueberries
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
⅔ c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c milk
1. Place croissant pieces in a 9 inch square pan (I used at 5"x 10" shallow baking pan) and sprinkle with blueberries.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees while the dish stands for 20 minutes.
4. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned (Mine needed an extra 10 minutes and did not need to be covered in foil).
5. Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.