June 7, 2015

Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Corn Dip


I'm always trying new dips because I have a strong desire to start up a book club and you need snacks & drinks when you host a book club! I love this cheesy dip from hostthetoast (I made a couple of changes to the recipe). I've almost finished it by myself! I made this dip yesterday and reheated it in the oven today. It tasted even better the second time around...


Ingredients


   8 strips bacon
2 (11 oz) cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. In a cast iron or ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until slightly crispy. Remove from heat and set on paper towels to absorb excess grease. Drain off all but 1 tsp of the grease remaining in the pan. Grease the baking dish with the bacon drippings.

3. Crumble the bacon.

4. Combine the corn, jalapeno, cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, salt, cayenne, and half of the bacon. Scoop into the skillet and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.

5. Sprinkle with the remaining bacon. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment