I had my doubts on how good these tater tots would be. I wanted to try something different than fries, so Joshua suggested a recipe from lowcarb-ology.com, He made a few and asked me to try one. OMG! They are fantastic! They are a perfect companion to burgers or a quick snack.
2 c finely chopped cauliflower
1 tbsp finely minced onion
1/2 c grated Parmesan
1/2 c shredded pepper-jack cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop the raw cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like crumbs.
2. Line a colander with paper towel and add the cauliflower.
3. Lay another paper towel over the top and gently press to remove as much liquid as possible.
4. Mix the onion, Parmesan, and pepper-jack.
5. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
6. Mix in the egg.
7. Let stand for at least 15 minutes. 30 is better.
8. Preheat the oil in the fryer to 360F
9. Form the dough into cylinders. Blunt the ends.
10. Add to the preheated oil and fry until golden. Drain on paper towel.
11. Add salt and serve.