Now that the hustle and bustle of graduation week is over, I've had time to sit down and write. I survived my first full year of teaching at a Title I middle school. Throughout the year, I've compiled a list of things I utter to Joshua on a daily basis (I'm guessing if I say it more than once, it's important). Here's my top 10 list of things I say the most, in no particular order:
1. I will never wear high heels on standardized testing day. Never again.
2. If I wear high heels on a non-standardized testing day, no stilettos...platforms only.
3. I eat way too many sweets, breakfast tacos, and junk food (which leads me to #4...)
4. I need professional attire that hides a bulging tummy and increasingly growing thighs, i.e. lots and lots of cardigans OR work out more.
5. I won't go into teacher mode at home ever again, I promise.
6. I am proud that I can spot a cell phone across the room with my back turned. I am a cell phone ninja!
7. I have honed my skills of blocking things out.
8. Give me a minute to whine about school. No more, no less!
9. I need to be more organized and not wait until the last minute to create.
10. This year was really, really, really hard. But I love my job!