July 3, 2015

Homemade Hummus


Months after the food processor I bought when I was in my 30s died, Joshua surprised me with a Kitchen Aid food processor! To christen the food processor, we decided to make hummus. 

The first hummus recipe we made was ranch-inspired. Joshua found a basic recipe for hummus on Pinterest from Shape Magazine.  


For ranch flavor hummus you will need: 1 can chickpeas, 1/3 cup Green yogurt (I like Chobani), 1 tsp dried parsley, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, and 1 tsp dried dill.

Directions: Rinse and drain the beans, combine all ingredients in the food processor, and pulse on high until smooth. Joshua and I like a thinner consistency, so we added two tbsp of water (one at a time).


For southwestern hummus you will need: 1 can black beans, 1 chipotle pepper (we used chiptole pepper in adobo sauce; we used one and rinsed it well), 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, 1/4 c fresh cilantro leaves, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp salt, and a splash of olive oil.

Directions: Rinse and drain the beans, combine all ingredients in the food processor, and pulse on high until smooth. I added 1 tbsp of water to the mixture.

We paired the hummus with pita chips and carrot chips. So good...


No comments:

Post a Comment