July 13, 2015

Las Vegas--SDE conference


Last week I went to a conference for teachers in Las Vegas at the Venetian with fifteen of my co-workers. I haven't flown in about 25 years. Last time I was in Vegas, I was 18. The plane ride was terrifying, but I survived-both ways! I enjoyed the conference. After the conference was a different story. I am not a gambler, so I spent most of my free time in the hotel room at Treasure Island. I watched cop shows (Castle, Bones, to name a few), worked on my classroom website, wrote a bit, and read one of the five novels I brought (next time, I'll only bring two--the one I'm reading and another just in case I finish it). The hotel room and toiletries provided were lovely. 



I didn't have a view of the strip like my co-workers. Instead, I have a spectacular view of the mountains. 





Since we were staying at Treasure Island, we had to walk across the bridge to get to the Venetian. The view was pretty good on the bridge...





Once we got inside the Venetian, we were greeted by this beautiful fountain. 



While I was there I ate. And ate. And ate. Until I got sick. I'm not sure if I caught a bug or if it was a combination of not eating well and not exercising. I ate at the hot dog stand (Chicago Style Beef & Dogs) twice! Breakfast consisted of muffins and water until the last day-I had a waffle, bacon (it was on the menu as 'pig bacon'), a fabulous parfait, and water. 








I'm looking forward to the next conference! The only thing I'll do differently is take Joshua with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment